It seems like ever since I entered the real world I can’t get my eating routine right. I have a few good months, then BAM, I binge on pizza and coca-cola.
I’ve FINALLY decided that this has to change! I’m going to get on the healthy bandwagon for good and stay on it. I’ve noticed when I eat healthy my skin is brighter, I have more energy, and I’m happier. Here’s my plan for how to tackle eating healthy.
- My Fitness Pal app – This app is amazing! You can keep track of calories, nutrients, and workouts. It is the only thing that has seemed to work for me in the past few years.
- Take classes at the gym – I have a free gym membership at a local athletic club through my apartment complex, but I rarely use it. I am going to start taking advantage of those Les Mills classes such as Body Attack and Body Combat. I also want to get into pilates again!
- Accountability partner – One of my best friends is on the same journey so we are going to help each other stay accountable by snapping each other healthy meals and workouts.
- Try new recipes – I’ve pinned over 4,000 recipes on Pinterest and have tried less than 20 of them. To keep myself motivated I’m going to start finding one fun, new meal a week to cook. This will keep eating healthy fun! I also get a ton of new recipes from my best friend and share recipes I find with her as well.
- Reward yourself – I want a new pair of running shoes so if I go to the gym at least 3 times a week for the next 2 months I’ll reward myself with the shoes! Setting these type of goals is motivating for me. I recently read an article that running shoes need to be replaced frequently to prevent injury so that is also part of my motivation to replace my old shoes.
I hope these things will help me get my motivation back! Winter is the hardest time to stay on track with workouts/eating healthy for me so I’m setting a plan early this year. If I get a good routine going now, it’ll be easier to keep up with it when it starts to get cold.
What tips/tricks do you have to eat healthy? What are some of your favorite healthy recipes?